Selina Opened Six Hotels and Signed Eight Properties Globally
Selina announced today that it opened eight new properties in Greece, Australia, Portugal, Panama, the United States, Morocco and Israel during the second quarter of 2022. It also signed eight new properties, a 17% increase from Q1 2021, in Australia, USA, Greece, Mexico, Portugal, Panama and Israel, during the same period. These new properties advance the company’s mission to redefine the future of travel by creating destination experiences that strongly resonate with a large and underserved traveler cohort that spends approximately $350 billion per year on travel, according to Selina’s estimates.
Collectively, these new signings and property openings cap a highly productive quarter for Selina that included the launch of an enhanced app to bolster the guest experience and connection, as well as a partnership with TechnoArt to provide digital nomads with the guidance, support and resources to grow and scale their businesses. Moreover, the company announced the appointment of Eyal Amzallag as Chief Operations Officer and Lena Katz as Chief Technology Officer to further advance its efforts to build a highly experienced executive team that brings diverse perspectives from relevant industries. With these openings and signings, Selina expands its portfolio to 163 open or secured properties across 25 countries and six continents. Selina also continues to enhance its operating platform as the company progresses toward profitability.
Rafael Museri, Selina’s Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, said, “We are excited to continue Selina’s expansion across six continents, enabling us to further immerse our brand’s programming, events, recreation, restaurants and nightlife into the fabric of local communities with destinations that are authentic and relevant to locals and travelers alike. In doing so, we are able to create value for local real estate owners, jobs for local residents and dynamic, engaging travel experiences for our loyal network of adventure seekers, remote workers, and digital nomads. The breadth of our portfolio and customer base together with the improvements we’re making to our platform help to drive revenue during high and low travel seasons and give us confidence that we will continue to be able to scale responsibly and in a sustainable manner over the coming years.”
The eight newly-opened properties include:
- Selina Paros, Greece: The picture-perfect Selina Paros is nestled on the world-renowned kitesurfing destination, Pounda Bay, opposite the tranquil island of Antiparos and just a short ride from the airport and the main port at Parikia. Just a 20-minute flight or a 2.5-hour ferry ride from Athens, this cultural Greek gem is made up of traditional white buildings, crystal blue waters and vibrant nightlife. Onsite features include kitesurfing, snorkeling, and stand-up paddleboarding activities, an outdoor pool with a sea-view cocktail bar, a rooftop restaurant, a wellness studio, a yoga deck, a curated calendar of music events, and a comfortable coworking space.
- Selina Brisbane, Australia: Whether guests want to head to Kangaroo Point for breathtaking views and an adrenaline-inducing abseiling session, go kayaking along the river, explore Moreton Island, or catch rays and people watch on Streets beach, Selina Brisbane puts them at the center of the action. Located within walking distance of Roma Street Station and Suncorp Stadium, Selina Brisbane offers a full range of freshly renovated ensuite rooms. Visitors can choose stunning private accommodations or bunk up in one of the property’s state-of-the-art community rooms. On-site features include a restaurant and bar, an outdoor cinema terrace, complimentary WiFi, a coworking space, a library nook, and a fully equipped shared kitchen complete with two ovens plus all the tools needed to create meals that taste just like home.
- Selina Evora, Portugal: Located near Porta de Alconchel’s medieval walls, guests can immerse themselves in fascinating history and rich culture at Selina Evora. Just 10 minutes from the UNESCO World Heritage Site and city center, visitors can spend their days wandering through the narrow streets lined with white houses and explore the inspiring cathedral and cloisters, the Giraldo square, and the grand columns of Templo Romano, as well as sample local delicacies, taste traditional Alentejan cuisine, or venture out to rustic wineries and sip on Portuguese blends while taking in breathtaking views. On-site features include a pool and bar, a restaurant, a cafe, a wellness and fitness center, and a coworking space.
- Selina Boquete, Panama, Panama: Escape to Panama’s western mountains and disconnect in nature at Selina Boquete. Located in the heart of Panama’s coffee region in the shadow of the Barú Volcano, Selina Boquete is situated on the town’s main street and close to some of the best coffee shops and restaurants in the area. With a cool climate perfect for exploring nature, guests can choose from a variety of outdoor activities, including hiking, climbing, rafting, hot springs, and coffee farm tours, or unwind at Selina, by the peaceful river that runs through the hotel. With this location, Selina is demonstrating its continued commitment to the country and community where it got its start. On-site facilities include a beautiful wellness area, the only coworking space in town, a restaurant, a garden, a shared kitchen and a grab-and-go.
- Selina Washington, D.C., USA: Selina Union Market houses 106 rooms of mixed accommodations, including suites, standard rooms, micro bedrooms and shared-style accommodations. Each space allows guests to personalize their stay based on privacy preference, comfort, and budget – a unique lodging experience the average hotel does not offer. The property also includes multiple open-floor coworking spaces and private meeting rooms, an all-day restaurant, four rentable artist studios, a cinema room, a common kitchen, an onsite wellness studio, a downstairs cellar for dancing, and an expansive rooftop with stunning city views and amazing cocktails.
- Selina Agafay, Morocco: Tucked away in the heart of the Atlas Mountains just 30-kilometers south of Marrakech, Selina Nomad Camp Agafay offers a desert oasis of peace and tranquility. Guests can embrace stillness on a trek through the mountains, visit local Berber villages or enjoy a hot air balloon or camel ride. Adrenaline seekers can race across the dunes on a quad bike or buggy to appreciate the desert’s natural beauty. Selina’s rustic glamping accommodations allow visitors to sleep under the stars and connect with nature, with several tents boasting a private pool. Other on-site features include a restaurant and bar, two swimming pools, a coworking space, a shared kitchen, massage tents and a yoga tent.
- Selina Desert Garden, Israel: An adventure in nature like no other, Selina Desert Garden Ramon offers guests a unique accommodation experience inside the Ramon crater – the largest erosion crater in Israel. With 20 glamping tents scattered throughout the property and a large Bedouin tent, guests can enjoy a serene escape in nature away from the hustle of everyday life. On-site features include outdoor lounge areas, a coffee house, a pizza bar, small pools, a tour desk and a dedicated wellness space. Guests can enjoy a delicious dinner at the restaurant on the weekends, or contact the hotel to book in advance and treat themselves to a midweek meal.
- Selina Metula, Israel: Wander off the beaten track to the remote town of Metula, Selina’s destination in the northernmost point of Israel. Set amongst the sweeping landscapes of Mount Hermon, Israel’s only ski site, Mantur Metula sits on bustling Harishonim Street at the heart of this red-roofed town, framed by fruit trees and a peaceful stream. With historical sites, local cuisine, mesmerizing waterfalls and an orchard right on Selina Metula’s doorstep, visitors don’t need to go far to find adventure. On-site facilities include a restaurant and bar, a pool, a cinema room, and a spa and wellness space, as well as the only coworking space in town.
Photos Source: Selina Paros, Greece, Hotel News Resource
What does that mean for your business?
It means that your chances to increase sales are bigger than ever before. With our data you will be able to reach out to the complete market of hotels in your region and identify hot leads of the hotel industry. All data you need for the approach is available and most importantly is its exactness and accuracy. Many filters and selections to adapt your needs and to easily filter your exact target group.
1,050,000 Hotels and 1,700,000 Hospitality Decision Makers
Delivering data is a profession we love
Whatever your target group in the hotels industry is, our data experts can select it for you. Contact us on +49 (0) 2921 5993684 or email@example.com. We are always here to answer your questions!